Wednesday Evening Paddle
- usual Leader is Richard Saysell, Phone 027 5270186 09 4280894; Vehicle Kia Sportage Blue HNZ427
Other Leaders may take the trips from time to time
These trips will only go ahead in COVID Lev 2 or below
- Brown's Bay to Long Bay, meet 1830, pub on the return, 8km total
- Birkenhead to Devonport, 10km
- Greenhithe to Albany (pub), 11km
- Greenhithe to Soldier's Bay, 9km
- Long Bay (South) to Arkles Bay, 10.5km
- Mairangi Bay to Waiake & Brown's Bay Reef, 8.5km
- Greenhithe to Riverhead Pub, 11km
- Birkenhead - Waterview, 10km
- Devonport (Duddrs) to Kohimarama, 10km
- Waiake to Pohutukawa Bay, 9km
- Brown's Bay to Campbell's Bay, pub on return, 9km
- Milford Nth to Rangitoto Summit, 11km
To register online, please click here...
You MUST have a contactable phone number as trips can be cancelled at short notice.
Unless otherwise stated our meet time is 6:30 and on the water 6:45; or up to 7 for further away starts.
Times are tight so please don't be late.
All trips return to the start point
Distances vary from 8 to 14K (Check Schedule)
Times back vary but usually by 10:00pm, maybe later on pub trips or Rangi climb.
What to bring
- All round White light attached to kayak (at least 1M above deck)
- Waterproof Torch with 2 N Mile Visability
- Reflective Tape on Kayak and Paddle PFD
- VHF if you have one (we always use Ch 8)
- Hi Vis Jacket, Thermals (its colder at night)
- Drinking water, hot drink and nibbles for stop over at destination
- Dry Clothes in Dry Bag
- Pub Clothes for pub trips
- you must be able to handle 0.5m surf landings (for outer harbour trips) and paddle for 2 hr;
Recognise meaning of other boats lights (we will train you)
- set lower than for day trips, 15k max winds (in the area we are paddling)