Wednesday Evening Paddle
- usual Leader is Richard Saysell, Phone 027 5270186 09 4280894; Vehicle Kia Sportage Blue HNZ427
Other Leaders may take the trips from time to time.
You need to have completed a Kayak Skills Course with Canoe & Kayak to come along on club trips. Details...
when going to a pub, you will need to take your Vaccine Pass to enter.
12 Jan Long Bay to Little Manly 11.5 km
19-Jan Greenhithe to Albany Pub (Meal available) 11 km
26-Jan Birkenhead to Devonport 10 km
2-Feb Orewa Harbour to Explore Orewa River 9 km
9-Feb Greenhithe to Island Bay 8.5 km
16-Feb Wenderholm to Puhoi Pub 13 km
23-Feb Milford (Nth) to Narrow Neck 12 km
2-Mar Long Bay (Sth end) to Dacre Cottage 10 km
9-Mar Devonport (Dudders) to Mission Bay 10 km
16-Mar Castor Bay to Rangitoto 11 km
23-Mar Waiake to Pohutukawa Bay 8 km
30-Mar Browns Bay to Campbells Bay 9 km
To register online, please click here...
You MUST have a contactable phone number as trips can be cancelled at short notice.
Unless otherwise stated our meet time is 6:30 and on the water 6:45; or up to 7 for further away starts.
Times are tight so please don't be late.
All trips return to the start point
Distances vary from 8 to 14K (Check Schedule)
Times back vary but usually by 10:00pm, maybe later on pub trips or Rangi climb.
What to bring
- All round White light attached to kayak (at least 1M above deck)
- Waterproof Torch with 2 N Mile Visability
- Reflective Tape on Kayak and Paddle PFD
- VHF if you have one (we always use Ch 8)
- Hi Vis Jacket, Thermals (its colder at night)
- Drinking water, hot drink and nibbles for stop over at destination
- Dry Clothes in Dry Bag
- Pub Clothes for pub trips
- you must be able to handle 0.5m surf landings (for outer harbour trips) and paddle for 2 hr;
Recognise meaning of other boats lights (we will train you)
- set lower than for day trips, 15k max winds (in the area we are paddling)